Memorandum of Agreement
Please read through the memorandum of agreement between the client and the supplier below for products and services to bepurchased.
OVERVIEW: The purpose of the Agreement is to protect the relationships between MyChurchIT, NPC,
Registration 2019 / 271778 / 08 (hereafter the Supplier) and the Client.
- The Supplier provides access to the Client for products purchased from the Supplier.
- The Supplier retains the intellectual property of their products.
- All personal, clergy, congregation, organizational and other related information processed by Supplier remains the property of the Client.
- The Supplier offers ongoing advice and initial training to the Client.
- The Client agrees to appoint their persons/people to be trained to do their own updating in the use of products supplied by the Supplier.
- The Client agrees to cover the costs for specific developed and improved according to the Client’s needs.
- This agreement shall continue until termination. Each party shall have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason by giving the other Party a three (3) months’ prior written notice.
- This agreement will be honoured by both parties for as long as they are in existence.
UNDERTAKING BY THE PARTIES:
- The Supplier and Client agree to honour and respect each other’s ministries, reputations, and practices, keeping all confidentialities during and after using the System for the benefit of the ministries and organisations concerned and will not enter any other binding agreements relating to products supplied by the Supplier without consent.
- The Supplier will use its best efforts to maintain a full time Internet presence.
- The Supplier is indemnified from any action taken by the Client when using the System.
- The Client will maintain and keep accurate all their own data and records.
- The Supplier and Client will remain compliant with the laws of the countries concerned.
- Any changes to this Agreement will be made in writing and duly signed by both parties.
- Any disputes that arise which shall be dealt with quickly and without resorting to legal action.
- The Client agrees to pay the Supplier for the use of the products, according to the costs reflect on the separate page, which is subject to possible increases as deemed necessary and will be communicated by the Supplier giving 30 days notice.
- The Client agrees not to use Non-Profit discounts for commercial gain.
- Payment: The Client agree to make timeous payments:
10.1. If paid annually, this is done no later than the 15th January for each year.
10.2. If paid monthly, it is made on the 1st of the month in advance, and by NO LATER than the 7th day of each month.
- The Client further acknowledges that should they default in any respect whatsoever, the Supplier shall be entitled to disable their access to the system with reasonable notice.
- On termination of service, the Client agrees that the Supplier is entitled to delete the data.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT:
“Personal Information” broadly means any information relating to an identifiable, living natural or juristic person and includes, but is not limited to, contact details, demographic details, history, and private correspondence. It remains the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all personal information is processed in terms of the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act. Notwithstanding the technology or systems put in place to process information, the provisions of POPI obligate the Supplier to ensure that inter alia:
- Only information required for a specific purpose is collected.
- Reasonable security measures are applied to protect information that is processed.
- All information processed is relevant and kept up to date.
- All information that is no longer required be securely discarded.
- All subjects of information be privy to relevant information upon request.